Thursday, September 24, 2015

Small Spaces For A Happy Home



One of the best ways I know to make my home a place I love to be in is to make small spaces that make me happy. A reading area to relax in, a comfortable pillow arrangement, a bookcase full of interesting things to read, or even a soft blanket to snuggle in while watching a movie can all help your home become an oasis of your own making. Do you have favorite books or magazines that can be displayed? Or maybe you have a piece of furniture, lamp, or art that makes you smile. Feature these things, instead of hiding them for safe keeping, so that your home becomes an extension of you and your hopes and dreams.

Statues and art can be inspiring but also they can expand the imagination you dream of places that you have never seen, but would like to, in times that you have never been.

My favorite lamp!  

My comfy couch complete with pillows and cuddly blanket.

Mother's mismatched tea set that makes me think of good times with her.

Fresh flowers and pictures of family can brighten your day!
Pictures of family and friends cause good memories to flood my mind when I pass by them. Inherited gifts give me great joy when I use them knowing that loved ones have also used and enjoyed them.


Simple sentiments are placed around the home to remind me to enjoy life and everything it has to offer.

Small spaces that make life more enjoyable add up to a home that is more enjoyable. You never know what a difference these things can make until you give them a place of prominence in your home. Just think, these are just a few simple things that can be done to make your home more of a part of you, a reflection of your life past, present, and future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Have a great day!!