Sunday, November 13, 2016

Coffee Chat: Coffee


Oh, how I love my morning coffee! Most people assume that coffee drinkers need the caffeine in the morning and this is why we head for the coffee maker first thing. I do not deny that for some this very well may be true. For me, however, it is the warmth and familiarity that I look forward to waking up to, along with the smell.



I admit to the addiction. I don't get cranky without my morning cup of joe but do feel like something is missing or that my morning isn't complete without it. Strange? Yes. Coffee is like a good friend that I have a conversation with every morning. No, I don't sit there at my desk and talk to a cup of steaming hot brown liquid, but thoughts come to me. At times creativity is born from my cup. I can relax and think how I need to orchestrate my day to get the maximum productivity out of it.



Often, during the early morning hours, I write a blog or fill out my planner, make a list, remember things from the previous day that I need to finish or appointments that need to be kept. My coffee drinking time is the time that I slow down and actually plan things before the chaos of the day begins and everything else is forgotten. It is viewed as a tool that allows me to open my mind and spill out all the nonsense and sensible things so that it can be prioritized. I guess that might make me seem a little flaky. Whatever it takes to get the job done is what will be done including relaxing in the morning with a steaming hot cup of brown liquidy heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Have a great day!!