Monday, November 2, 2015

Vertigo! Why I haven't been blogging this past week.

Do you remember, as a kid, when you used to spin around in a circle several times then stop suddenly? The world seemed to have kept spinning even though you had stopped. This is what vertigo is like, without you having to spin to get there.

I have had to take the last week off from blogging because of what my doctor calls Reoccurring Inner Ear Vertigo. I lay down, the spinning starts and takes about fifteen seconds to stop. I get up and have to spend another fifteen seconds sitting on the side of the bed. I made the mistake a couple of times of getting up before the fifteen seconds was up and almost face-planted into the door frame or the floor. Walking and turning quickly are dangerous activities and driving is out of the question. This is not a fun experience.

In 2008, when it was first diagnosed, I spent three days in the hospital because I was unable to stand, sit upright, or walk without falling over. What followed was an abundance of nausea which made it hard to eat. 
When I have this vertigo issue reading, writing, and even thinking seems to be impossible. It feels like my mind is out of control. The first time was due to a mild inner ear infection. I have no infection now but the vertigo reoccurs at inconvenient times but not frequently. Usually it lasts for about three days to a week.

Fortunately, I am feeling better now and will resume my blog posting. Thank you for sticking with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Have a great day!!