Wednesday, April 19, 2017

When You're Sick

I don't know about you, but these past Autumn and Winter seasons have been horrible for me for catching colds. Maybe it was just the prolonged warmth of the seasons. I mean, how often do we have almost a week of 70° F in the month of February in Iowa? So far, I have had seven colds. Needless to say, I am sick of being sick. I like chicken noodle soup but this is ridiculous.

Speaking of Chicken Noodle Soup, since I had been sick so much, there was a need to find a way to change it up a bit. Creativity was an essential. There are many things that can be added to a can of Chicken Noodle Soup to make it different and add beneficial nutrients. Spices like cayenne pepper, paprika, and garlic are great for your health as well as the various herbs that are available. Below is one of the recipes that I used to change things up and add some healthy benefits and taste to the meal.




Chicken Noodle Soup

1 Can Of Chicken Noodle Soup (brand of your choice)
1 Bag Of Frozen Vegetables (blend of your choice)
2 Cups Of Water
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon of Garlic

In a small pot combine all ingredients. Heat till vegetables are fully cooked. Enjoy! 
I used a stir-fry blend of vegetables. You can choose your own favorite. Also, herbs and spices can be varied and or substituted for the ones that I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Have a great day!!