Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Whole Food Plant-Based Recipe #1: Tofu Spinach Scramble

Idea #1 if you are starting a plant-based lifestyle:




Tofu Spinach Scramble

In a nonstick pan on medium/high heat, sauté onions, bell peppers, purple cabbage (cut in small pieces), add sliced mushrooms. Sauté further until onions are translucent. Crumble Extra firm drained tofu into mixture and cook further until tofu is thoroughly heated.  Add onion powder, garlic powder,  salt, pepper, paprika, and a dash of cayenne pepper.





 Finally, add a handful of fresh spinach. Cook just enough for the spinach to wilt. Done! The cooking portion shouldn’t take longer than fifteen or twenty minutes if your nonstick pan is preheated. No oil is necessary but it can be used. I don’t.

All veggies and spices are optional. Use what you like to eat. I don’t measure anything. Add as much of each ingredient as you like. I make an entire pan and eat it all. You won’t get fat off of veggies! Season to your taste.

This is how I cook. Not always tofu, sometimes O’Brien potatoes. Sometimes add rice or add the mixture to pasta. I mix up the veggies and spices. Add black beans or lentils. Sometimes no potatoes or tofu just veggies! I just don’t cook with oil that much and if I do it is usually just a nonstick spray.

More recipes to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Have a great day!!