Sunday, June 7, 2015

An Easy Time Saver For Your Morning

    Picture this. You are trying to wake up in the morning on a Monday. You stumble to the kitchen in search of the coffee container and the filters. The fingers aren't working well enough to separate the coffee filters. Then you misjudge the angle while scooping the coffee grounds into the filter because you are still only half awake, so now there is coffee all over the counter in front of you. Great, a mess to clean up first thing in the morning. Yawning on your way to the Coffee Maker, you leave a trail of coffee grounds behind you. The messes are multiplying! Hope there is enough in the filter to make at least a cup. Now you have to sweep the floor and clean the counter. Yeah, I know. I have been there and done that. Mondays are hard enough without the extra work, right?

    I worked at a nursing home a couple years ago and they had a solution for this problem which I now use at home. Yay, I get to avoid the mess!! Anything I can do to make life more efficient and easier is a plus. 

                   Introducing the pre-measured coffee filters! 

       On a weekend day, mine is Sunday, I take the time to do a few things around the house that will make it easier for me to function during the week. One of those things is pre-measuring and storing my coffee. It is pretty simple really. Grab a clean small to medium size resealable bowl, your coffee, and filters. Place an empty filter in the bowl. Now add as many scoops of your favorite coffee as you like to make your perfect pot of coffee. Mine is five scoops of Chocolate Mint Coffee for my 12 cup Coffee Maker! Yes, I love coffee. Now, even it out and stack another filter on top of the filled one and fill it. Keep repeating till your bowl is sufficiently full but you are still able to seal it. Place an empty filter on top and mold it to the top of the previously filled one to keep it from shifting and maintain freshness, then seal the bowl and place it near your coffee maker. Now all you have to do is fill you coffee maker with water. 

Check out my video for visual instruction!



That's it! Easy, huh? A lot easier than getting out the rag for the counter and the broom for the floor on a Monday morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Have a great day!!