Sunday, January 17, 2016

Letting Your Inner Child Out

I often look at my son with a sense of wonder and amazement. His smile, his laugh, and his sense of fun and adventure. He has a natural curiosity for life.

Then I sit and think, whatever happened to those traits in me? Has life really taken that much of a toll on me that I can't find it in myself to live like a child? This gives me a renewed spirit of  how I want to live my life as. I don't want to be able to say that I never had any fun in my life. Yes my idea of fun might be slightly different, at times, than when I was 9 years old. Still, taking the time out to show my child that I enjoy life too gives him hope for the future. 


In the world we live in, day to day life can seem like a total drag. As adults, we see things in ways that a child cannot. Unfortunately, we let ourselves be bogged down by the bad things in the world and we forget to enjoy the good and simple things that it has to offer. We seem to always be in a rush and we drag our children, kicking and screaming, into this lifestyle. We need to remember to show ourselves and our children that no matter how old they are, they can enjoy life. They can stop to smell flowers and enjoy the beauty of nature. They can continue to play as adults and do things that they enjoy. And yes, they can sometimes eat their dessert before the actual meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Have a great day!!