Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Post Vertigo Mayhem

Anyone that has vertigo knows how difficult it can be to get things done during the time that they have it. Simple things that a person takes for granted become a major chore. Bending over, standing up, turning too fast, laying down, sitting upright, or even blinking, at times, causes the head to spin. Believe me when I tell you, this is no fun. I am currently having mild vertigo which is an improvement from last weekend when I had it so bad that any movement, including blinking, made my head feel like it was on the Silly Silo and nausea to make my stomach churn. It is very unnerving to stand up and immediately fall back down because your balance can't keep up.  

My wonderful boyfriend brought over pizza so that I wouldn't have to cook Saturday night. My son had his snack box which is always full of things like cereal bars, granola bars, peaches, apple sauce, spaghettios, chicken noodle soup, and fruit snacks. That and the pizza kept him fed. Needless to say, other than meals, nothing got done in my house.


The chaos of this scene is enough to cause nausea on its own. But wait! There's more.


Oh yeah, plenty of laundry.

 I always feel like a horrible mommy when I can't do the things that need to be done. It is frustrating. Fortunately, the vertigo has eased up to the point where things can be done if I don't move too quickly and don't bend over a lot.



As you can see, I recovered my kitchen. Yes, the laundry got done. It was a frustratingly slow process but the goal was achieved.  Hopefully, the vertigo will stay away for a while now so that life is easier to deal with and my kitchen can stay this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Have a great day!!